WordPress Unicode font Support: How to write and show Unicode Bengali (Bangla) font in your free WordPress.com blog.
January 6, 2011 11 Comments
I found WordPress free blog supports Unicode Font, and it is really easy to use Unicode font in your free WordPress blog. If you are using WordPress free blogging platform then you must know that WordPress do not give users FTP access to the users, so you can’t install any Unicode font supporting Plug-in in the main database. But I have got a solution, my mother tongue is Bengali (Bangla) and I have got a way to show and write my native language by using SolaimanLipi font, the most popular Bengali (Bangla) Unicode font I have ever seen. Just use the below steps.
Note: You can use Unicode font or write Bangla/Bengali by Modifying your CSS also, and by modifying CSS you don’t need to do the following steps. If you need help Regarding CSS modification take my help. Just Give your Website name and your problem in the comment box below.
Here are the steps:
1. Write whatever you want to write using your Unicode font in Microsoft Office (MS Word) as below. I wrote the below Bengali sentence using Bengali Unicode font SolaimanLipi.
2. If your writing is completed, Copy the whole writings by using Ctrl+C
3. Then go to Posts->Add New as below
4. Then Paste the word in text box as below
5. The word will be looked as below.Then Click on the HTML portion.
6. Wrap your whole sentence using the following html code
<div style=”font-family: SolaimanLipi; font-size: 17px;”> Your Whole Unicode Sentence </div>
Check the image below: (Note: You have to change the name of the font I have used…Use your Unicode font name)
7.Click on the Visual Tab. Then Publish Your Post and Check it.