Bank Job Recruitment Written Test Preparation: One Word Substitution / Sentence Compression
January 17, 2011 5 Comments
Here I am sharing you another important part, one word substitution / compression of sentence, of recruitment exam written test. I found this occurred in many written exam of Bank Probationary Officer Recruitment Test.
One word substitution/ compression
- A person 70 to 79 years old -Septuagenarian
- Practice of borrowing ideas and words from others and using them as his own - Plagiarism
- Words different in meaning but similar in sound – Homonym
- A person who is skilled in horsemanship – Equestrian
- That which makes it difficult to recognize the presence of real nature of somebody or something – Camouflage
- A place where birds are kept – Aviary
- Scientific study of the structure of substances – Chemistry
- A person who believes easily -Credulous
- An instrument for measuring heights – Altimeter
- The place where bricks are baked – Kiln
- The branch of medical science which deals with the diseases of children – Pediatric
- A specialist in eye diseases – Oculist/ Ophthalmologist
- A stage of long-sightedness – Hypermetropia
- A doctor who treats the diseases of bones – Orthopedist.
- A state where all religions are respected – Secular
- A government by the novels – Aristocracy
- A government by the rich – Plutocracy
- The passage between the seats in a church -Aisle
- The platform in a temple where idols are kept – Altar
- A government of a few – Oligarchy
- To use dirty language against God or Religion – Blaspheme
- A government by a king – Monarchy
- The act of killing of the people -Genocide.
- Rising from the dead – Resurrection
- Murder of human being – Homicide
- A holy book – Scripture
- Underground caves with burying places for the dead- Catacombs
- Revolt against a lawful authority -Mutiny.