Bank Job Solution MCQ and Written test preparation: Fill in the gaps || Analogy || General Knowledge|| Language and Communication skill
February 4, 2011 1 Comment
Here I am sharing some more and important question and answer for bank job recruitment preparation. It will also help you to prepare yourself for any type of written or MCQ test examination. Here I have included Language and Communication skill, fill in the gaps, analogy and General Knowledge. Read them below and boost your knowledge.
Language and Communication
What is the meaning of the underlined word(s) in the following sentences
1. What is the meaning of the word “Craft”?
a) Skill b) Mural c) Fabric d) Sketch
Ans: a – Skill
[ Mural - দেয়াল চিত্র Craft - দক্ষতা নির্ভর পেশা ]
2. What is the correct meaning of the phrase “sine die”?
a) uncertain b) unknown c ) fixed d) changing
Ans: a – uncertain
3. Assertive people are generally more decisive.
a) Docile b) Articulate c) Confident d) Intelligent
Ans: c – Confident
[articulate – স্পষ্ট ভাবে কথা বলা Docile – বাধ্য ]
4. The king rules his subjects with a high hand.
a)Courageously b)Sympathetically c)Harshly d)Oppressively
[ with a high hand – শক্ত হাতে Oppress - অন্যায় বা নিষ্ঠুর ভাবে শাসন করা]
5. What is the meaning of the idiom of the “a bed of roses”
a) an easy comfortable situation b) a newly laid garden of roses c) a beautiful object to remember d) a unique and colorful situation
Ans: a – an easy comfortable situation
Fill in the blank
1. Which _____ your favorite novelists?
a) is b) are c)will d) was
Ans: b – are note: novelists (plural subject) that’s why “are” is used
2. We need to protect ________________ from pollution.
a)environment b) some environment c) whole environment d) the environment
Ans: d – the environment
3. _____ all the students, Karim is the best.
a) among b)between c)with d)of
Ans: d – Of
4. It is quite unfortunate that he is still under the __________ that others are sympathizing with him.
a)allusion b)delusion c)belief d)illusion
Ans: d – illusion
[ Allusion – পরোক্ষ উল্লেখ delusion- প্রতারণা/ অলীক বিশ্বাস illusion ভুল ধারণা ]
5. “_______ man for himself !” That is the way of the world.
a)Each b)Every c)A d)One
Ans: b – Every
6. The smile on a baby’s face is always ____________.
a) endearing (সোহাগ) b) attractive c) supreme d) cute e) entertaining
Ans : e – entertaining
7. It is necessary to be _________ while dealing with mounting outstanding loan.
a) confident b) aggressive c) active d) bold e) prudent
Ans: e – prudent ( সতর্ক )
8. He readily compiled _________ my request.
a) with b) to c) on d) for
Ans: a – with
9. No, he is not here. He just ______ out.
a) goes b) went c) has gone d) gone.
Ans : c – has gone note : auxiliary verb has/have is used with “Just”
Instruction: A related pair of words or phrases is followed by four pairs or words or phrases. Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
1. Organ : Kidney ::
a) bone : rib b) skeleton : kneecap c) neuron : synapse d) abdomen : stomach
Ans : a) bone : rib (Kidney is a type of organ so rib is a type of bone)
2. Bird : feather ::
a)hand:finger b) mammal : spine c) fish : scales d) branch : fruit
Ans: c – fish :scale ( bird is covered with feather and fish is covered with scales)
[scale – আঁশ ]
3. Fragile : Break ::
a) invisible : see b) erratic : control c) flammable : burn d) noxious : escape
Ans: c – flammable : burn ( fragile things breaks easily and flammable things burns easily)
[ Fragile – ভঙ্গুর flammable – দাহ্য noxious –ক্ষতিকর erratic কথা বার্তায় অসাবধানী ]
4. Curiosity : Know
a) temptation : conquer b) starvation : eat c) wanderlust : travel d) humor : laugh
Ans: c – wanderlust : travel
[ wanderlust – ভ্রমন পিপাসু temptation প্রলোভন starvation খাদ্যাভাব জনিত দুঃখ কষ্ট ]
5. Opaque : Light
a) inaudible : light b) unbreakable : plastic c) reflective : mirror d ) nonporous : liquid
Ans: d – nonporous : liquid ( light can’t move through opaque things and liquid can’t flow through nonporous things)
[ nonporous – ছিদ্রহীন ]
- What does IMF stand for – International Monetary Fund
- The term “Secondary Market” is usually used in – Stock Market
- Which is the largest state of USA – Alaska
- Which country has the largest land area in the world? – Russia
- Who is the writer of “Alice in Wonderland”? – Lewis Carroll
- What is the main objective of the devaluation of currency? – To increase export
- Which is the biggest island of the world? – Greenland
- Which is considered the coldest place on earth? – Verkoyansk in Siberia
- Which nation gave woman the right to vote first? – New Zealand
- Which South American country has the greatest land area? – Brazil
- In which continent is the Sahara desert located? – Africa
- Where is the headquarters of the UN Security Council located at? – New York
- Which kind of wave is used in communication technology of mobile phone – Microwave
- Which organization of UNO declared prohibition on Clone human child? – WHO
- The country known as the land of the midnight sun is: – Norway
- The word “sonnet” is derived from – Italy