Theme: Duster by Automattic css upgrade,edit and modification

You know Theme Duster by Automattic is the latest theme released by WordPress.com. Duster is really beautiful and I really like this theme. Here I have tried to show you some basic modification of CSS if you are using Duster theme and have decided to purchase or edit CSS of Duster theme by Automattic.

Here I have tried to share about the modification process of Site Title’s Font type, font color and size, Site Description’s font type,color and size, search bar remove, right side bar header font modification, Navigation menu’s font color, type and size, blog post title’s font color, font type and size modification, post content’s text alignment, footer tag remove, meta removal and more.

Just Read them below and modify CSS of Theme Duster by Automattic.

If you have any question regarding Duster CSS Edit feel free to ask me .

(1) If you want to remove the search box (Pls remove “—–” symbols before using, )

#branding #searchform {
————-
————-

(2) If you want to remove together Header site Title, Site Description with search box

#branding hgroup {

text-decoration: none;

(4) If you want to change Site Description’s Font type, font color, font size

#site-description {
color: blue;
font-family: times New Roman;
margin: 0 0 4em;

(5) If you want to remove the blank space just under the site Title and Site Description

#site-description {
color: blue;
font-family: times New Roman;
margin: 0 0 0; // Just change the values in margin

(6)If you want to remove the Post Entry Meta / Author of the post with date

clear: both;
line-height: 18px;

(7) If you want to change the Blog Post Title’s Font color, font type, and font size

.entry-title, .entry-title a {
color: red;
font-family: times New Roman;
text-decoration: none;

(8) If you want to change blog post Content’s Font, font color, text or font alignment

.entry-content, .entry-summary {
color: black;
font-family: times New Roman;
padding: 1.625em 0 0;
text-align: justify;

(9) If you don’t want to show your blog Post footer Tag

clear: both;
line-height: 18px;

(10) If you don’t want to show the circle Just beside your blog post Title

.entry-header .comments-link a {

(11) If you want to change Right Sidebar “ Text Widget’s” , “Recent Comments” and other widgets header Font, font color, font size and others

.widget-title {

#access a {
color: red;
font-family: times New Roman;
line-height: 3.333em;
padding: 0 1.2125em;
text-decoration: none;

(14) If you want to get rid of the blank empty space just right above the banner/Header Image in Duster Theme

#site-title {
padding: 1em 0 0;

?

(15) If you want to change Header Image width and height of theme duster by Automattic

#branding img {
margin-bottom: -6px;
width: 1000px;

(16) If you don’t want to show Right Side Bar of Duster Theme by Automattic

#secondary {
float: right;
margin-right: 7.6%;
width: 18.8%;

(17) If you want to change the Width of Blog Post Content of Duster Theme

#content {
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 2.6%;
margin-top: 0;
width: 67.4%;
(18) If you don’t want to show or hide comments using css in Theme: Duster by Automattic

.commentlist {

#comments-title {

(19) If you don’t want to show or hide “Leave a Reply” from your blog

#respond {

(20) If you want to change Your Blog Comments Font

.commentlist {
display: block;
list-style-image: none;
list-style-position: outside;
list-style-type: none;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 0;

(21) If you want to move/change position your right sidebar to the left and the content column to the right of Theme: Duster by Automattic.(You may need to check the Body Contents showing perfectly or not. You may also need to change some other css to make it work perfectly.)

#primary {
float: right;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 0;

#secondary {
float: left;
margin-left: 26px;
margin-right: 30px;
width: 17.8%;

(22) If you want to Right Side Bar’s Body Text Font color,font type, font size and text alignment of Theme: Duster by Automattic

.textwidget {
color: black;
font-family: times New Roman;
font-size: 1em;
text-align: justify;

(23)If you want to change the widget “Categories ” Font type, font color and font size of Theme: Duster by Automattic

.widget ul {
font-family: times New Roman;
font-size: 1em;
margin: 0;

(24)If you want to change Comments Body’s Font type,font size and color of Theme: Duster by Automattic

.comment-content {
color: black;
font-family: times New Roman;
font-size: 1em;

(25) If you want to change Comments Author Font size of Theme: Duster by Automattic

.comment-meta {
color: black;
line-height: 2.2em;

26) If you want to make Right Side bar Full Widget Area Color ful in Theme Duster by Automattic
** Color Depends on your choice

.widget-area {
background-color:gold;

27) If you want to Change Background color of Whole Body Backgroung of Duster Theme By Automattic

#page {
background-color: gold;
margin-bottom: 2em;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin-top: 2em;
max-width: 1000px;

28)If you want to change the Background color of the Navigation Menus (“Home”,”About Us”) in Duster Theme.

#access {
background-color: blue;
background-repeat: repeat;
clear: both;
display: block;
float: left;
margin-bottom: 6px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin-top: 0;

Need Help for CSS??Submit Your Problem in the Comment Box below.Please Provide your website address for convenience.

About these ads

185 Responses to Theme: Duster by Automattic CSS or Style sheet Upgrade or Edit : Modify your Header Site Title and Site Description font, color,remove search bar, Blog post title and blog contents font type, color and size and text alignment, header side blank space, modify navigation option, header image, remove footer tag, sidebar text modification and more

1. wordlessTech says:

Hi
    Is fantastic what you did for Duster!
    If you can help me with two issues:
    1-How to make shorter the Header image (from 1000×300 > 1000x200px)
    2-Can I increase the width of images from 585px > 640px in posts, in home page?
    Agis Fasseas

2. RossJaklik says:

Hey great post, you will start getting traffic for it. I have a slight issue with duster, the posts I am writing do not stay contained within the width of the blog. Do you know how to fix this via css?

” Is anybody aware of how to fix this text alignment issue? This is just horrible, there has got to be a simple solution to this via CSS I just don’t know how to figure it out.

• Dear Jaklik

Thanks for your comments. Would you mind to give me the Site URL where you have faced this problem?

I will like to solve it for you ASAP.

Regards
      Om PRakash Chowdhury

3. Taz says:

Are you able to remove the navigation bar in Duster?

• Dear Taz,
      If you want to remove navigation bar from the DUster theme try with the following CSS code

#access {
      clear: both;
      float: left;
      margin-bottom: 6px;
      margin-left: auto;
      margin-right: auto;
      margin-top: 0;

Feel free to knock me if you get any problem

Regards
      Om Prakash Chowdhury

4. myheritagefabrics says:

Again, you are so very helpful.

Two more questions: in Duster it says you can have left sidebar, but I cannot find that option. Is there special code for that? Also, how to change font size etc in sidebar content. I have changed the headings but cannot seem to change the contents.

Thank you for all of your help.

• Hi,
      you will get left sidebar in Duster theme for showcase template. you can check the following link.

If you want to change Right Sidebar Widget Title’s font type,font color and size check it

.widget-title {
      color: black;
      font-family: times New Roman;
      font-weight: 500;
      letter-spacing: 0.1em;
      line-height: 2.6em;

To change the Text Widget Body Content’s font, size and color

.textwidget{
      font-family:times New Roman;
      font-size:14px;
      color:blue;

Modify it as your need and let me know if you face any problem

5. indy8 says:

does anybody know how to hide the tags in this theme, i dont like the look of the tags on the homepage view, especially when you have a ton of tags.
    :D

• Better you use the following code to hide the tags in duster theme

clear: both;
      line-height: 18px;

6. textT says:

Discovered your site while searching for tips on Duster theme tweaking. Looking at reducing the header height, which is 300px default at present. I changed the css as per your suggestion given below, however nothing changed, hence I maintained the original header size. Is there any other file that needs to be changed? Please advice.

#branding img {
    margin-bottom: -6px;
    width: 1000px;

Thanks in advance.

• Hello
      Thanks for visitin my site and comments. Actually the css modifications I have shared here is for the WordPress.com self hosted Duster themes.
      I think you are using your own domain and hostings …right?

So, If you want to change the Header Image height in your Duster theme try the following code

#branding img {
      margin-bottom: -6px;

Let me know it works for you or not.

• textT says:

Thanks for your prompt help and for helping me learn the difference between coding. It’s working now, may be I need to tweak the logo design so it looks better. As a newbie to css I appreciate your support. Should be able to launch the site on due date.

Thanks a ton.

• Feel free to knock me if you need any help.

• mrsbercury says:

Hi, this works but WP still makes me crop my image to 1000 x 300, then stretches it to fill the smaller space. I am creating my header with text on it so I don’t want it be distorted. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• Hi Katie
        would u mind to provide ur site url to check pls?

7. Flix says:

Hey – thanks for the details! Can you please explain how to move the menu bar (the menu items, actually) to the right?

8. Jenny says:

How would I remove the ‘leave a reply box’ I’ve been trying for days to get rid of it!! And how can I hide the post title on static pages?

Thanks
    Jenny

• Hi, Jenny
      i visited your site…but didn’t found any “Leave a Reply ” box. would you mind to share me the link from where u want to remove that “leave a reply box”?…

And to hide the post title on static page : For this it would better to modify your php files (page.php –i guess).

Are you using your own domain and hosting?

9. Hi

How can I remove post author name and post footer tag? I only want to show post date

Thanks

• hi Antonio….
      is the duster theme you are using in your own domain+hosting?
      Are you able to modify the header.php file from Appearance–>Editor ??

To give you the solution for removing post author name is best to modify your header.php file not to use CSS….

Also..I think u have removed the post footer tag..right?

10. Hi

My domain is at wordpress.com but tonight I will move it to other type of hosting and it will be possible to change header.php.

I couldn’t remove the post footer tag because the code is similar to t to remove the Post Entry Meta / Author of the post with date and all disappear and I want to show the date…

Thanks for the help

• Antonio..I think you better modify the theme after you successfully switched to your new hostings….. after switching just tell me..I will tell you which file you have to modify to fullfill your requirements

11. Kc says:

Hi
    How do I remove the words “Recent Post” from the bottom of the page? All my pages are static, there will be no posts and I’d like to get rid of it.
    Thanks

12. Kc says:

bluebaywhalewatching.com.au

13. Kc says:

That means copy exactly what you typed there right at the bottom of the css?

Just paste this code

.recent-posts {

at the bottom of style.css…..before change..take a backup of ur style.css as u r new..it will not create any problem

14. Kc says:

Sorry, I’m completely to to all of this. Did my first ever CSS changes this morning following your instructions above…

15. Kc says:

It worked! Thank you, you’re a legend!

16. Kc says:

Sorry to bother you again, but could you show me how to get the text a little bit more compact? If you look at my contact us page you can see how far it is spread ou. How can I make the line spacing smaller / paragraph spacing smaller in normal text?
    Thanks so much.

• Hi christina

sorry for the late in reply…..u r asking for line spacking (gap between two lines) in the contact us page…..would you mind to try this code??

p {
      margin-bottom: 0.625em;

Please let me know it works or not.

17. Hi

I switched my blog to a new hosting as I said. How can I remove author name from the post but showing the date?

Thanks for your help.

António Parente

• Hi Antonio

Sorry for the late in reply… here is the line which u have to delete from content-single.php and content.php (If you are using Duster theme…)

find out div class=”entry-meta” in your content.php (Appearance–>Editor)
      There you will get the “by” and “author vcard” you have to remove them carefully
      not to show the “post by” in the home page.

Do the same in content-single.php

18. Hi

I would like to do another change: use vigilance type fonts in Duster theme. How do I do that?

• Not sure..i think u have changed your theme from duster to themezee…..
      whatever if you want to remove your Author name from themezee then try this

//this is only for your themezee theme.

span.author {

19. Hi

I have duster theme now. I did some experiences but duster it’s the them for 2011. Thanks for your help.

• Antonio…i found you till not changes what u asked for…if you face any problem let me know… and also …before change.. take backup of your php files.

20. allaboutbasic

I did the change an it worked well! Thanks! I will try to change the type fonts

21. Hi

How can I change the sidebar width (thiner) and increase the distance betwen the post and the sidebar?

Thanks

22. Yes, you are right. Thank you.

• Antonio..
      Would you mind to try this code and let me know it works for you or not?

.hentry {
      border-bottom: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
      margin: 0 0 1.625em;
      padding: 0 0 1.625em;
      position: relative;
      width: 47em;

#secondary {
      float: right;
      margin-right: 1.6%;
      width: 15.8%;

23. Kc says:

Hi
    Just saw that the menu is not displayed in Mozilla Firefox. It only show as a list of bullet points. Any suggestions? Thanks.

24. Kc says:

Now that’s embarrassing… How do I do a screen shot?

25. Kc says:

Done. Thanks for the instructions ;)

26. Kc says:

Thanks. Using Firefox 2.00.20 in case u need to know

27. Stephanie says:

I’ve removed the Page Title on my website because I didn’t want it but now I’m left with a lot of blank empty space between my page content and the menu. How can I remove decrease it?

Thank for this post!

28. Hi

How can I change content-page and content-single width?

Here is my example: http://antonioparente.eu/?p=8

I would like to have these pages like index page without sidebar

Thanks for your help

29. Hello

I did the changes. If you have any suggestion I will aprecciate that.

Thanks.

• Hi Antonio…
      Do you like to make your page http://antonioparente.eu/?p=8 more wider ? If yes I can help you by giving css code… so..ami i right about your problem?

One thing…when you create a new page….. in the right side of your page editor (where you write in wordpress) there is option from where you can select Templates….have you checked is there any template for wider content?

Now I have other problem: how can I diminish the distance between a page title and de menu ? Here it is the example:

I would like the word “sulcos” near the top.

If I want to hide the page title what do I do?

Thank you again.

clear: both;
        padding-bottom: 0;
        padding-left: 0;
        padding-right: 0;
        padding-top: 0;

• Also…
        If you want to hide the Page Title from your Duster theme…try this…

.singular .entry-title {
        color: #8A0808;
        line-height: 48px;

30. Stephanie says:

It worked PERFECTLY! Thank you SO much. :)

31. cooper says:

I’d like to know how to make the sidebar appear on the single page. I tried but I am not clear where t put the code as I tied it several different places in the single php page and it ended up on the side but not beside the post – only after the post.

• Hi, I think..You have to Put the following Php code

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

just before the following footer tag in Page.php

<?php get_footer(); ?>

but..you have to need some modification in your CSS style sheet to show the sidebar just beside the Post or Page.

32. cooper says:

Also I was able to get the older newer thing at the bottom but the ones at the top still remain I’m not clear on what to remove.

;)

33. cooper says:

Thanks

I’ll check the css then because that must be the problem I’ve put the in and I’m jsut stuck on how to get it beside the post and not down the left side.

• Wc Cooper.

better you put the sidebar and let me know…I will help you by giving the css code which will help you to show the sidebar just beside the post.

34. chris says:

Hi

Can you please tell me how I can either completely remove, or change the colour of the white space above the black bar that contains “home” “about me” etc.?

Also,

How do you make changes to the footer, like change colour etc.?

Thanks

• For the White space (I think you are asking for this) try the following code at the bottom of your style.css

#site-description {
      margin-bottom: 2em;
      margin-left: 0;
      margin-right: 0;
      margin-top: 0;

To Change the footer background color……. try this.

#supplementary {
      background-color: red;
      border-top-color: red;
      border-top-style: solid;
      border-top-width: 1px;
      overflow-x: hidden;
      overflow-y: hidden;
      padding-bottom: 1.625em;
      padding-left: 7.6%;
      padding-right: 7.6%;
      padding-top: 1.625em;

35. chris says:

Is there a way to completely remove the background behind the title header?

• Are you talking about this site http://toolshed.artschool.utas.edu.au/webdesign2011/cmmorgan/wp/ ??

If yes..then try this code :

#branding {
      background-color: white;
      border-top-color: white;
      border-top-style: solid;
      border-top-width: 0;
      padding-bottom: 10px;
      position: relative;
      z-index: 1;

but for this you have to make your site title color black…………………

Another thing…before.. I found your header title background was white…. now i found it is black… I think you know where and how to change….am i right??

36. chris says:

Yes that is correct I followed your instructions from my first question and changed the colour, but I want to see what it’s like invisible if that makes sense. I’ll try what you said. And yes it is for that site.

Thanks

37. chris says:

That didn’t work, it just changed to white. I want it gone completely, so the text heading is sitting over the site background (not the white rectangle)

Thanks anyway

• Hi Chris..

Yes.. The code i gave u before will remove the Black background….

Do you want to remove completely the Header Portion? means the Site Title + Search Bar?

38. chris says:

I would like to either:

A) remove the black rectangle above the menu, so behind the text is just the background image.

B) make the menu and the black rectangle blend together seamlessly (the black menu is actually a gradient, but it seems like there is a border or thin line at the top side. I need to delete that border/line)

Thanks in advance

• I think the followng code may help you….. as the rectangle is not visible perfectly from my side…

#access {
      background-color: #242424;
      background-image: none;

39. chris says:

don’t worry I’ve got it sorted now. Thanks for your help.

Just one more question…

Have you noticed my footer? I accidentally made it like that, but can’t remember how. I want to change what it says, and maybe have some links to contact, about me etc.

40. chris says:

Oh thats it thanks mate. I was driving myself insane trying to remember/ find where I did it! haha

Thanks again for all your help.

41. chris says:

arghhh. I’m just having trouble removing that line at the bottom where the footer would be. I went into the footer php and removed the annoying links, but would like to replace it with my own footer. To do this, I think I’ll need to remove that line.

42. Thank you for your help again. Everything is fine now

43. chris says:

Hi its me again!

Are you able to tell me how to add an alt tag to the header image for the site?

Thanks,

44. Morten says:

Thanks for the helpful post! Now I have a couple of questions myself..

1. I want people to be able to post a reply in my blog posts. It’s closed now for some reason!? It says: Comments are closed.

2. Some of my static pages have a comments section. How can I remove this?

• Hi Morten

For Question 1

Have you checked your wordpress dashboard’s settings so that Comments is enable or not?

For Question 2
      There is a pllugins called “no comments in page” it will help to remove comments from pages.

• Morten says:

Thanks for the fast reply.

1. I have enabled comments, but it still says “Comments are closed”, can this have something to do with the plugin “no comments on page” i installed?

2. Thanks! it worked!

• Hi Morten,
        Would you mind to share me the llink of that post where it is saying “Comments are Closed” ?

45. Morten says:

Here’s the post: ipenger.com/?p=653

I don’t understand why. I would really like to have comments on posts.

46. Morten says:

Btw. you know how I can remove the grey line on top of the site banner?

• For the top grey line in your duster theme try this

#branding {
      border: medium none;
      padding-bottom: 10px;
      position: relative;
      z-index: 1;

For Comments closed:

Have you ever modified any php files of your theme?

• Morten says:

Thanks that removed the grey line.

Yes, I have modified some, but I modified them back again to original as good I could.

I think it was comments.php and page.php.

I’ve pointed out the line I think is the problem in the page.php:

<———- Correct?

47. Morten says:

Ok, for some reason the script disappeard.. here’s the line:

php comments_template( ”, true ); ?

48. Morten says:

Thanks for all the help!

I’m sending you comments.php, page.php and single.php. Can’t seem to find any post.php?

49. Morten says:

It’s FIXED. I just had to make a new comment. The actions in settings didn’t apply to the old post.

Thanks for all the help though. Will be back for more later if I stumble upon something, you are a great resource.

There is one thing.. the grey line just under the navigation bar. Do you know how to remove it?

• great…
      Would you mind to try this code and let me know it works or not

#main {
      -moz-box-shadow: none;
      border: medium none;
      clear: both;
      padding: 1.625em 0 0;

• Morten says:

It worked! Thanks again.

I found more things I would like to fix, and I

• Morten says:

… I’ll try to leave you alone. Under the post there is this:

Posted on 31. mai 2011 by Morten – Where can I change the “Posted on” and “by”?

And at the buttom it’s this: Posted in Bedrift, Motivasjon | Tagged bedrift, motivasjon, suksess, tips | Leave a reply

Can this be removed without affecting the SEO?

Do you have any idea how to enable excerpts? I’ve tried to install a plugin but it still wouldn

• For posted on and posted by in Duster theme

you have to modify content.php and content-single.php.

You can remove the tags..but it may effect the SEO as google will not get the keywords i think…
        but..if your blog is unique and updated regularly..then u dont need to think about SEO…google bot will visit ur site regularly.

for excerpts

if you want to do it manually u have to use “read more” option from the post. Though if you want automatic…there is some modification of php code by which u can do this.
        I never used plugins for this….

50. Morten says:

It all worked. Thanks!

51. Morten says:

This will hopefully be the last question..

I now use the “read more” option. And the – read more link at buttom at the front page now shows a arrow and I’ve been trying to remove it but I can’t seem to find out how. I think it’s in the content.php.

52. I just wanted to say “thank you” for posting these great CSS edits for the Duster theme. It really helped me get my website to where I wanted it to be.

53. elisab83 says:

Hi! Great site! I’ve been able to remove the grey line over the header and under my post, but not underneath the header. Could you please help me with this? Is there a code that I can put in to my stylesheet?

/Elisabeth

54. elisab83 says:

Just underneath my header, the postcard, there is a grey line. But maybe it’s just on my mac. Could that be possible? It’s a very thin line… hard to catch, but it annoys me :)

• Hi Elisabeth
      From my windows no border is showing….but..you can try this code

#branding img {
      border: medium none;
      height: auto;
      margin-bottom: -6px;

Please let me know this code works for your or not…

And try to send me the image of your site where the border is showing..

55. Jordan says:

Hi there, excellent post. I’m trying to add the sidebar to all pages in the Duster theme. I’ve come across the following fix but am still having trouble getting it to work.

Everyone says to change to “narrowcolum”… however my theme doesnt have that line. Instead it has

I’ve got the sidebar to appear by adding to single.php…. but its aligned below the page because the current post area is taking the whole width.. how to i change to make it work with the sidebar on Duster? Any help would be great.

56. Jordan says:

Doesn’t seem to do anything to the page layout. I cant see any visual changes after adding the code… Any other suggestions?

• Hi Jordan..
      sorry for the late in reply…as it is midnight.. preparing to go to bed actually.. :)

Also…I think u didnt paste my code perfectly as i didnt see the change what i have suggested in your site…

Ok..let me give u them again…..

#primary {
      float: left;
      margin: 0 -26.4% 0 0;

.singular #content {
      margin: 0;
      position: relative;
      width: auto;

#content {
      width: 86.4%;

Here I am giving u the code again ….Would you mind to try them by pasting them under style.css or custom.css….
      If you face any problem please let me know… I am going to bed now.. u can add me in skype too.. om2000_cuet is my id …I will be online in tomorrow morning….

bye for now…

57. Jordan says:

I’d also like to replace my comment system with one that looks like yours. Mine is the default Duster comments. I would like to replace it with the same thing im typing this comment in. For example, the ability for users to sign in as a “guest” or with their Twitter or FB login. Any ideas?

58. Jordan says:

Ya I saved it… I’m working in a child theme… Does that make difference?

59. Jordan says:

Yes it works with my parent Duster theme but seems to not work with my Child theme for some reason… any ideas? When i add your code to the end of style.css in my parent theme it applies.. but doesnt apply for my child theme as well… strange…

• Jordan…
      Without Checking I cant say…
      but you can do one thing….
      Paste the code in your both style sheet… means.. in your parents stylesheet and your child theme’s style sheet…. NOt sure it will work or not…

• Jordan says:

Tried that… still not working… any idea what the problem might be? I can share any part of my code if you need to look at, let me know. Thanks so much for all your help.

• Hi Jordan
        Would you mind to Mail me your full DUster theme ( Duster theme parent + child theme (inside the parent)) .
        my mail address is om2000_cuet@yahoo.com.
        Feeling curious as I have lackings of knowledge about Child theme…I think I am going to learn something New With your problem….

Regards

60. Hi

I would like to have a search box like yours. Is it possible?

Thanks

61. ERIC K GROSS says:

This is post is fantastic. I followed your instructions to reduce space between the Site Title and the Branding img, but now they are too close. Can you tell me how to increase the space between the image and the title?

Thank you so much!!!

• Hi Eric,
      to increase the space between Site Title and Branding Image just put this code at the bottom of your style sheet.

#site-description {
      margin: 0 270px 5.65625em 0;

Pls let me know it is Ok or not..

• ERIC K GROSS says:

That’s a little too much space. What variable could I adjust to modify the space between the Site Title and the image – 0 or 270px or 5.65625em or 0.

I played around with the values, but I couldn’t change the space.

Thank you !!! for your time.

Eric

• Hi Eric,

It will be 5.65625 em which u will need to modify..

62. lavitapetite says:

How are able to view Duster in code? Also, I have been trying to install yet another related posts plugin but do not see a plugin tab under appearance. Does Duster not support plugins?

Thanks so much!

• Hi Lavita,
      Duster should support plugins…
      Which code u r trying to view in Duster?

Pls let me know..

regards

• lavitapetite says:

I am pretty knew to code so I may be asking a stupid question. I don’t see anything under my dashboard that lets me see anything in code..well besides my actual post. One thing I would like to change is the fonts and colors since it doesn’t match my logo. Can you help!?

Also, regarding the plugin-specifically the yarp plugin…shouldn’t I see a plugin tab under appearance? It is driving me crazy that I can’t go past the first step in the installation process :-/

Thank you so much!

• Hi Lavita,
        I think you are using wordpress.com free hosting… thats why there is no Plugins option..

Also.. to use CSS you have to pay wordpress.com for Custom design..

Regards

• lavitapetite says:

Ok makes sense. i will come back when I purchase. Thanks!

63. boldride says:

Hi. On the duster theme in the widgets area all the type is blue, how do I change that?

Also in the blog post headlines when you rollover them they are blue …can we change to orange? thanks!

• Hi BoldRide,
      thanks for your comments..wouldu mind to share me your site URL to check?

Regards

• boldride says:

boldride.wordpress.com

- we basically want to change all the blue to black and orange. also, can this theme enable endless scrolling?

• Hi Bolride,
        To make your right Sidebar link color orange try the following code

div#secondary a {
        color: orange;

To change post title rollover color

h1.entry-title a:hover {
        color: orange;

Pls let me know it is Ok or not..

Regards

64. boldride says:

Oh and one more thing…is it possible to make part of the header clickable to a specified url?

65. Sixiof says:

I’m the seond time to come allaboutbasic.com and just saying hello.
    I really like allaboutbasic.com this great site.

66. Rod says:

Hi. Great site. I want to remove Header site Title, Site Description with search box. I added the code below but it didnt work. The site is golfholidayinportugal.com

#branding hgroup {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 7.6%;
    margin-right: 7.6%;
    margin-top: 0;

Thanks!
    Rod

67. Rod says:

Hi – I must have posted to the wrong thread before. The code above did not work either (to remove the text and search box above the picture header on golfholidayinportugal.com) . Do you have any other suggestions please? Thanks!

• Hi Rod
      that code i shared you before was correct…. where u pasted the code?
      let me know pls

• rodneybryant says:

How strange! Now it works! I pasted it in style.css (as I did before, and then removed it). Maybe last time the cache didnt clear properly. Thanks!

• rodneybryant says:

Ah – the search box is still there. See it? (golfholidayinportugal.com). How do I get rid of that please?

• Hi Rod
        thanks..yes..the search box is showing at the header..to remove it pls use the following code

#branding #searchform {

Regards

68. mmarlin74 says:

Hello – So glad I found this post! I made the adjustments to widen the content of my blog posts, but I would like to do the same with my pages. Anything you suggest?

PS – Don’t mind the messy site. I’m just getting started on designing it:)

• Hi Marlin
      would u mind to try this code pls

.singular .entry-header, .singular .entry-content, .singular footer.entry-meta, .singular #comments-title {
      width: 96.9% !important;

this code will help to widen ur posts, pages content width

• mmarlin74 says:

Thank you. That did it! One more quick question (if you have some time). When I adjusted the font size and type for my navigation bar, my drop down menu text now overlaps each other. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!! You make all of this so easy!

• Hi Marlin
        thanks.. and sorry for my late response..
        is the issue solved? you can ask me here

69. mmarlin74 says:

Hello again! I’m having a heck of a time trying to get a gallery centered on my page. I can center it bu making adjustments to the .singular CSS, but that makes adjustments to all of my pages. I just want to work the image sliders. Any advise you can offer would be appreciated.

• HI Marlin
      thanks a lot..and sorry for my late response
      would u mind to try this code pls

.page-id-1226 .singular #content {
      margin-left: 0 !important;

.easingsliderlite {
      clear: left;
      display: block;
      float: left;
      position: relative;
      width: 950px !important;

ALso

u mentioned one of ur issue related to menu..is that solved?

let me know pls

• mmarlin74 says:

Once again, thank you! And, I was able to resolve that issue, but for some reason (of course) another issue arose.

1) The color boxes in the navigation drop down menu only goes as far as the text. I would like all of them to be the same length.

2) In the “portfolio” drop down menu, the text is aligning horizontally, and not vertically. I believe this has to do with the width, but when I make changes, all of the text gets out of alignment.

Any ideas?

• Hi Marlin
        thanks..pls check the following code

#access li:hover {
        background: linear-gradient(#F9F9F9, #E5E5E5) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        #access li:hover>a {
        background: none !important;

#access ul ul {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7E7D9 !important;
        width: 161px !important;

#access ul.sub-menu li:hover {
        background: linear-gradient(#F9F9F9, #E5E5E5) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;

Pls let me know it is Ok or not

70. mmarlin74 says:

Sadly, no (unless I did something wrong). Am I only to change the code that is listed above and leave the rest? I didn’t have the sub-menu, so I added it.

71. mmarlin74 says:

It looks like I was copying it wrong. I was able to get it to work now. Many thanks again.

72. peapicking says:

Hi, first, thanks so much for this guide. It is truly brilliant and oh-so-helpful. The only thing I can’t find is how to change the font and colour of page titles. I was able to change the blog title’s font and colour by following your code after “.entry-title, .entry-title a {“; and there is code that looks like it would be the place to change page title font and colour called “.page-title a {“; but in trying to mimic your code for changing blog title in this area changes nothing I can discern. Here is the website: http://www.tanyathompsonbooks.com/ The front page is a static blog page where the title font and colour have been changed, but linking to books and contact on the menu bar show that the page titles are still black and unchanged.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. And again, this was great and wonderful help.

• Hi Tanya (peapicking)

pls try this code

.entry-title, .entry-title a {
      color: #D6C870 !important;

• peapicking says:

You are absolutely the best. I have always rather disliked exclamation points, so it is particularly funny to me what that exclamation point achieved.

Everything is grand now. Again, this was the greatest help I have found while trying to make a webpage. Thanks again.

• Great.. :)
        if u have any other questions u can post it here in comments section

73. cookalli23 says:

Thanks for this guide, it has been really helpful. I was able to add transparency to my content area http://www.carmenyatesmusic.com/?page_id=187 but am wondering if there is a way to exclude images in posts?…llike the one at the bottom of the page in the previous link. Here is how I added transparency, for reference:

/* =Structure
    ———————————————– */

body {
    padding: 0 2em;
    #page {
    opacity: 0.9; /* 90% transparent */
    margin: 2em auto;
    max-width: 1000px;

74. Hi Om, this is great. I want to change the font for the whole theme. This seems basic but I can’t find where it is set. Could you help?

75. sabineheinlein says:

Hi, I’m using Duster and tried to change the header image height according to your instructions (15), to no avail. Is there anything else I should do?

In addition I would like to get the gray band margin removed on the very bottom of the page. Do you know how to go about that? Thanks so much! My site is sabineheinlein.org

Thank you so much!
    Sabine

• Hi Sabine
      to reduce height..u have to change the Header image height u used
      after that some css tweaks will be needed

also
      which footer band u want to remove? can u share me screenshot image?