Today I want to share you some more modifications of the latest Chateau theme by Ignacio Ricci. Just paste the following css code at the bottom of your style.css or custom.css, save it and then see the difference…
If you have any question please send me your question on the comments box.

1. If you don’t want to show the Top Navigation Menus of Theme: Chateau by Ignacio Ricci

#main-title {
clear: both;
float: left;
font-style: italic;
margin: 10px 0 0;

#menu {
padding: 30px 0 17px;

2. If you want to change the top Navigation Menu’s font color, size and font family of theme Chateau

#menu a {
border-bottom: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
border-top: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
color: red;
display: block;
font-family: times New Roman;
padding: 3px 10px 5px;

3.If you want to change the hover color of the top navigation menus of theme Chateau

#menu a:hover {
color: green;

4.If you don’t want to show the search bar in Chateau theme

#search {
float: right;
margin: 0 0 20px;

5.If you don’t want to show Site Title,Site Description and Search Bar together in Chateau theme

#main-title {
clear: both;
float: left;
font-style: italic;
margin: -9px 0 0;
#search {
float: right;
margin: 0 0 20px;

6. If you want to change the font size,font color and font family of Theme Chateau by Ignacio Ricci

#main-title #site-title a {
color: green;
font-family: times New Roman;

7. If you want to change the hover font color of Site Title of Theme Chateau by Ignacio Ricci

#main-title #site-title a:hover {
color: red;

8. If you don’t want to show the site Description in theme Chateau try the following code

#main-title #site-description {
font-size: 2.3em;
font-weight: normal;
line-height: 39px;

9.If you wan’t to change the font size, font family and color of Site Description of Theme Chateau

#main-title #site-description {
font-family: times New Roman;
font-weight: normal;
line-height: 39px;

10. If you don’t want to show the post date of Theme Chateau

.post-date {
font-style: italic;
left: 30px;
line-height: 1.9em;
position: absolute;
top: 15px;
z-index: 1;
/******** this code will help you to align the post title to the left after when there will be no post date ******/
.post-title h1 {
border-bottom: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
font-size: 3em;
font-style: italic;
font-weight: normal;
padding: 6px 0 16px;

11. If you want to change the font color,font size and font family of “Continue Reading”

.post-entry .more-link {
color: DarkRed;
font-family: georgia;
font-style: italic;
text-decoration: underline;

12.If you want to change the Sidebar widget’s Title color, font size and font family

.sidebar-widget h1 {
color: darkRed;
font-family: georgia;
letter-spacing: 0.1em;
padding-bottom: 10px;

13. If you want to change sidebar widget’s link color, font size and font family

.sidebar-widget a {
color: darkgreen;
font-family: georgia;

14. If you want to change sidebar widget’s links hover color, font size and font family

.sidebar-widget a:hover {

list-style-position: inside;
list-style-type: square;
padding-bottom: 7px;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
padding-top: 6px;

17. If you don’t want to show post info/ post by information (below the blog post title) of of Theme Chateau

.post-info {
font-variant: small-caps;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-left: 24.5%;
padding-right: 2.8%;
padding-top: 10px;

18.If you don’t want to show the blog post tags on the left side of each post.

.post-extras {

float: left;
font-style: italic;
line-height: 170%;
padding: 61px 0 50px;
text-align: right;
width: 19.2%;

24. If you want to reduce the space between Tag section by increasing the width of Blog post content

.post-entry {
background-color: gold;
float: right;
font-family: times New Roman;
padding: 15px 2.8% 0 0;
width: 76.8%;

25.If you want to change the width and height of the Top main image of Chateau theme by Ignacio Ricci.

#main-image img {
border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
display: block;
width: 960px;

26. If you don’t want to show whole content section by using css

#comments {
float: right;
padding: 0 0 30px 0;

27. If you want to remove the space between Header Image and Blog Post Title try the following css.

#main-image {
border-top-color: #DDDDDD;
border-top-style: dotted;
border-top-width: 1px;
clear: both;
max-width: 960px;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
padding-top: 20px;

Also… You may like the following modification of the chateau theme

WordPress.com Theme Chateau by Ignacio Ricci With Menu At the Top

If this CSS Modification seems helpful to you? You can Let me buy a coffee :)

Please make some donations

About these ads

218 Responses to WordPress.com Theme Chateau by Ignacio Ricci CSS Style sheet Modification and Edit.

1. Andrew says:

hi you have helped me in the past and i left you a donation.my auto content on my site seems to have stoped working and the message is Image cache path /home/midas25/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache is not writable!.any suggestions thanks Andrew

• Hi Adrew….How are you?
      …after a long time you ping me again :)

Andrew.. would u mind to check one thing…. just uninstall the plugins one by one and check it is causing due to any of your plugins or not….and let me know … you can also add me in skype..om2000_cuet is my id.

regards

2. Andrew says:

thank you will try that regards andrew

3. Justin Montigne says:

This is great info – thanks!

I am using chateau on my self-hosted blog and have trouble getting text to wrap around my images. It always goes below the image, no matter what alignment I choose. Any advice?

4. Wendy says:

HI There

I have just started using your blog theme on my self hosted site.
    I would like to delete tags (above the twitter and facebook links, as well as the far left sidebar) from the pages, as well as recent posts (as i will use archiving widget). I cannot find my way around to do this.

Also I would like the position of subscribe as the default last and all other widgets including recent comments and categories above subscribe.

Would any of these changes be possible?

Wendy

• HI Wendy..
      Sorry..it need to modify the php file to delete that “Tag” (need to check).

Also..

For the left side widgets…better you try to put any widgets in the sidebar, it will remove the defaults.

5. j-han says:

Hello!

So glad I found this.

I’m trying to align the content to the left and make it so that I have three horizontal sections. The header and menu would be one section, the title and content would be in the middle section, and the footer would be the last section. And all three would be different colors.

Is this possible? I’ve been trying to play around with it, but I can’t seem to get the CSS coding right.

I am also doing this purely via CSS. I don’t have a server or am able to download the wordpress software.

Thank you!

j-han

6. j-han says:

Yes, I am the admin account. The only things I see under Appearance are:
    Themes, Widgets, Menu, Theme Options, Background, Header, Custom Design, iPad, and Extras.

No Editor…

• HI J-Han,
      now i understood, i think you are using wordpress.com free hosting….
      Just go to “Appearance–>Custom design” and check there is css/ style . take a backup of that css code and then paste my code at the bottom of that style sheet..

REgards

7. j-han says:

I already tried doing that from the get-go, but it didn’t seem to change anything on the site. The site right now has that code in the CSS.

Is this the correct coding to get something similar to the http://www.sheilapinkel.com site?

• HI J-Han
      yes..the code i gave you will align the content to the left like the site you have shared..

• but one thing is…
        as you are using wordpress.com free hosting, so there is some limitations to achieve the design like Sheila Pinkel.

• j-han says:

Like I said before, I’ve tried putting the code in, but nothing has changed.

I know there are limitations. Maybe this type of styling isn’t possible?

Thanks for the effort. I’ll try browsing through the support forums.

• Hi J-Han,
        the code i gave you.. is for to make the content part to be aligned left with the title…. if you want to get the structure of shaila pinkel then you need to modify the php code. which is not possible in wordpress.com.

though using css this can be possible..but different browser may render it differently..so it may create you problem

8. bundzija says:

Hey man, it’s great to see someone willing to help others out ;)! I was wondering, why can’t I see post format option anywhere?

Chateau ver. 1 had the option of displaying a little image next to each posts “entry” (Lead-in sentence, before CONTINUE READING) which ver 2 doesnt seem to have :( . I would really like to enable little image previews…

My site is http://www.grumpygrampa.com any tips?
    Thanx and many greets from Croatia!

Alex

9. Rebecca says:

Hello-

This has been very helpful, but I was wondering:

What is the CSS to get rid of the “Leave a Reply” comments box at the bottom of the pages?? This is extremely important for my site – I only want the sites information to come one way.

Thank you!

10. Hi,

I am trying to move or remove the search bar on the chateau theme! I am no code expert, would it be possible to guide me to do this? I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks. http://www.frenchconnectionsf.wordpress.com

• Hi ALice,
      To Remove the search from Chateau theme paste the following code at the bottom of your style sheet

#search {
      float: right;
      margin-bottom: 20px;
      margin-left: 0;
      margin-right: 0;
      margin-top: 0;

*** Same code (except display:none ) will be used to move the search bar .

11. KG says:

Thank you so much for your help here. Having issues with Title and tagline. Was originally wanting to change title to own personal logo, but not sure you can do that in Chateau and worried it would delete my search engine results. Also, is there a way to move the tagline so it is under the title and to change the font and font size of the title and tagline. Thank you!

• HI KG,
      Would u mind to share me your website URL to check?

• KG says:

Sure..souperchicks.com. I removed the tagline b/c it didn’t look right..Would like to change the font and color of title..if not then we will add our logo into the header image and need to hide the title. Thank you!

• Hi KG,
        Good Morning..
        If you want to change your Site Title in Chateau theme try the following code

#mainTitle h1 strong {
        color: red;
        font-family: georgia;
        font-size: 3em;

Pls let me know if you need any help.

12. KG says:

Thanks! Can you help me with the code to change the favicon? I have already uploaded a favicon.ico pic in my media folder. I have found the codex in header.php, but whatever I do to it I cannot change the favicon. (right now it is the crown) I can erase that line all together, but would like to change it to my pic. Thanks again!

13. k2sidev says:

how can i remove ♣ sign that comes in side bar widget. next to archives recent posts
    i have custromised the theme css fully but can’t get this done http://k2sidev.wordpress.com/

• Hi k2sidev

I have checked ur site… and i dont think it is possible to remove because it is by default coming with ur wordpress.com chateau theme.

You can do one think…dont use the Title bar of the widget, instead use the title (widget title) inside the box if it is possible with “h1″ tag

14. Jennifer Vazquez says:

Hi – I’d like to move the banner image to the top of the page, so that the navigation menu is below the image. Here is my site: http://jenniferadoniziovazquez1.wordpress.com/

Also, why is it that the image quality is reduced when I upload it to WordPress? I saved it for web at 100% in Photoshop…

Thanks!!!
    Jenna

• Hi Jenna,
      Pls try the following code for Navigation menu below the image in Chateau theme

#menu {
      left: auto;
      margin-left: 270px;
      position: absolute;
      right: auto;
      top: 244px;
      div#main {
      margin-top: 27px;

*** Which image u r referrring to? would u mind to share me that page link where it is showing distorted?

• Jennifer Vazquez says:

Awesome, that worked. The image I’m referring to is the banner image that says Jennifer Vazquez etc. If you look closely, all of the text is blurry and the lines aren’t sharp either.

And one more thing, if you don’t mind…how can I put in a horizontal line of 1 or 2 pixels beneath the navigation menu?

• Jennifer Vazquez says:

Hmm, actually there is an issue. I adjusted this: top:300px;

In Chrome it looks okay, the navigation sits nicely between the banner image and the body text, but in Safari it is on top of the body text. Also, in Firefox, it sits in a different place than in Chrome. This doesn’t seem like a good way to reposition the navigation.

• Hi Jenna,
        Actually,the perfect solution is possible if the theme file of Chateau theme could be modified…. using css sometimes it may troublesome to make it compatible with various browsers..

15. sarah says:

I just downloaded the wordpress theme chateau but when i try to activate it, an error message appears in my dashboard, telling me that the theme is incomplete and that stylesheet is missing.
    How can i fix the problem ?

Thank you in advance for your tips and answer.

• Hi Sarah,
      Umm.. i think the zip file which u tried to install … the actual theme file is inside of that zip file..so u need to unzip the file first..then take out the actual theme… then zip it again and install..

if u face any problem add me in skype om2000_cuet

16. sarah says:

I just sent you the zip file of the chateau wordpress theme i downloaded.

Thank you in advance for your precious help !

17. Wendy says:

Hi there

I have the latest wordpress and the latest chateau theme. I have tried to copy and paste the code
    .post-extras {
    float: left;
    font-style: italic;
    line-height: 170%;
    padding-bottom: 50px;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    padding-top: 61px;
    text-align: right;
    width: 19.2%;

to get rid of the tags from the left
    but its not working.

any suggestions?

Also is there a way i can link certain posts to certain pages and not have these posts showing on any recent post listing…somewhat like a book i guess. If i have a page (cover of the book) and i want to write post after post but only have them connected to that book not all books (pages)?

Thanks for your help.

18. Wendy says:

Hi Om

I cannot change the navigation menu location to under the banner either. Also it would be good for the menu to be a drop down menu.

i used the following

#menu {
    left: auto;
    margin-left: 270px;
    position: absolute;
    right: auto;
    top: 244px;
    div#main {
    margin-top: 27px;

I just copied and pasted at the end of the style sheet. Should i put it on a new line? I have copied and pasted other CSS from you and they worked, but this isnt.

Cheers
    Wendy

• Hi Wendy,
      Good Morning..
      From your previous comments

** To show specific posts in a certain page you can show Show the Posts Category Wise.. you can use your Menus (Appearance–Menus) to add category menus
      ** Would u mind to share me the link of page where tag is showing in the left?
      ** About Drop down menu — Have u tried with Appearance–>Menu section?

pls let me know..

19. Wendy says:

Hi Om

the tags im talking about are the ones next to my post text (not page). It would be good if i could get rid of the tags and have more space for the text but still keep the posted date.

ill have another look at the menu section perhaps i didnt set it correctly?

Wendy

• Hi Wendy
      would u mind to try the following codes? it will help u to remove the post tags and will increase the post width.
      pls let me know this helps u to solve ur issue or not..

.postEntry {
      width: 700px;

.postExtras {

20. Wendy says:

I have had a look at the appearance – menu section. I have set France as the Title and added category named Travelling, but no menu appears.

Notice at the top of my blog are the page names with child pages underneath. I think this will look terrible as i continue to create more child pages it should be a drop down?

Dont worry about the tags so much this menu and page thing is much more important.

• About Menu,
      I think you are doing something wrong in the Appearance–>Menu..

Have u selected Primary Menu/secondary menu name showing at the left side (theme location portion) ?

pls let me know..

21. Wendy says:

Hi Om

I have just added the tag code but it hasnt worked. I have a facebook link there as well, perhaps it is best moved to the far right column rather than under the tags.

Im wondering why these codes arent working, I have used your codes from this page before (as you can see there is no search bar at the top) but this time no codes are working. I have recently updated wordpress to the latest version could this be causing a problem?

22. Wendy says:

hi Om

I have posted the code here:

Editor – styles – stylesheet – at the very bottom on a new line.

23. Wendy says:

Hi Om

Well you wont believe it but the code works now. Thank you very much. The only downside is I have lost the facebook link. Is it possible to add it as a widget that can be placed in the left border or above the bottom black border?

I may have the menu issue sorted. Will get back to you if i need to.

Thankyou very much.
    Wendy

24. Wendy says:

Hi Om

I have now added a social sharing plugin…ShareandFollow…its a great plugin for social sharing.

What are your thoughts on the last issue I have with my site? See below –

‘What would be great though, as i may have quite a few pages, is if the child pages where a drop down rather than being fully visible. If (as i expect) i will have lots of pages the top of my webpage will look really messy. You can see where i am talking about on the home page, where all pages are listed under the homepage. Would this be possible or do i have to figure out how the menu thingy works?”

Once I have this sorted my blog is ready for more content :)

Wendy

• Hi Wendy,
      Sorry, not getting clear idea about your problem…
      would u mind to clarify?

Also..
      It is late here..i will reply u back tomorrow morning.. just let me know :)

25. Wendy says:

Hi Om

I have now worked out the menu creation and have it set-up. It is not a drop down menu though.

Is it possible to have the menu as a drop down menu while keeping ‘short stories and poems’ and ‘blog posts’ visible as they are but justified right?

So the top of my page will look like this

Short Stories and Poems Blog Posts

With Short Stories and Poems being a drop down menu.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Wendy

26. Wendy says:

Om,

thanks for all your help.

Sorry we were not able to sort out the drop down menu. It is unfortunate the Chateau theme doesnt provide this for self hosting. I will send the creators an email about it.

Again thank you for your help.

Cheers
    Wendy

27. ana says:

I was wondering how to place the navigation menu below the blog name and tag line.

Thanks,
    Ana

28. RomAmor says:

Thank you so much. Been struggling to get rid of the search box for weeks!

29. streetsmademe2 says:

does anybody know how to remove or hide ”blog at wordpress” from the Chateau theme …..thanks alot anybody

30. sororitynyx says:

at the bottom of my wordpress site (www.alexandraprobeersite.wordpress.com) a huge picture is displayed. How can I remove this?

Thanks in advance!

Alexandra

31. Wendy says:

Hi Om

Im just wondering, is it possible to either delete the “About*” at the bottom of the theme and or change the text to something else e.g. “@Copyright”?

32. Wendy says:

Hi Om

33. RomAmor says:

Hi Om, love how helpful you are. I am trying to remove the “Leave A Reply” on the website I built: romamortours.com, using the Chateau theme. I removed the search bar using a css code and was hoping I could remove the “Leave A Reply” box the same way that is, using a ccs code. Is there a code I can put into my style sheet?

LeAnne

34. RomAmor says:

Ciao again Om,
    How would I change the default font size of my blog posts?

35. jhagen22 says:

How would one alter at the bottom of the page where it says, “Blog at WordPress.com. Theme: Chateau by Ignacio Ricci. Fonts on this blog.”?

I would love to have it just be my copyright info. Or, if it can’t be altered, could it be removed or hidden in some way?

Thanks in advance!
    Josh

36. RomAmor says:

I would like to remove the “Home” title below the main image. http://romamortours.com/ Would you be able to tell me the code?

Thanks again!

37. Amy Clark says:

Hello,
    I have a problem with the chateau 2.0.1 theme on my own web space and I hope you can help me out. Unlike the chateau demo http://chateaudemo.wordpress.com/ it can only list one blog entry on the main page, the rest of the articles are listed as short archive snips under “Checkout some previous articles”.

I can’t disable this in the options unfortunately. I just want a regular blog with 10 entries per page (that’s what I set up in settings -> Reading -> Blog pages show at most) and “older posts” “newer posts” links on the bottom of the blog. Since that’s the way it’s set up in the chateau demo I hope that there must be a way to switch it back to that view.

38. grainnep says:

thank you, very useful – I donated you a coffee!….

39. grainnep says:

Hi Om, Is it possible to but a fav icon on my website using chateau theme, Im at http://www.oliveoilandlemon.ie

40. teamzlabek says:

Is there a way to get rid of the ~ character that is defaulted after the title of the page? It assumes you will put a tagline next, but I don’t have one. In the wordpress.com version, there is none.

41. teamzlabek says:

Clarify – it is in the site title. http://www.aneternalimpact.com Right above the lighthouse pic.

• Hi Jon..
      to remove that ~ character from the header title paste the following code at the bottom of ur style.css (Appearance–>Editor)

#mainTitle a span {

42. teamzlabek says:

Another thing: How do I change the color of the text in the header? It was #990000 on wordpress.com, but now it’s black on wordpress.org. Please be detailed, as I’m totally a newbie.

43. teamzlabek says:

I cannot figure out how to remove the words “Tags” and then “no tags : (”

Here is the page I am referring to: http://www.aneternalimpact.com/?page_id=9

44. teamzlabek says:

Om, I resolved #3 an alternate way. Thanks! Jon

45. teamzlabek says:

Sure:
    1. How do I create a “dummy” parent page in the menu that has no content and only shows the child pages when I click on it? I know I can use # in the menu for the URL, but then I can’t add a child to it.

2. For some reason I can’t get my child pages to hide until I hover on the parent page. They show all the time.

4. All of my pages have a thick black bar at the bottom with About* in it. Can I get rid of this?

46. teamzlabek says:

#4 now works great! thanks!

I have been in and out of the menu a dozen times, tried to look up other help on this, without resolution. Other WP sites can get their child pages to hide; not sure what I’m doing wrong!
    Thanks,

• Hi Jon..
      sorry then..cant help u regarding this without checking the theme codes..

• teamzlabek says:

I just addeded the Google library plugin, and it fixed my inability to create dummy parent headers.

The only thing remaining is to hide the child pages from the menu until you click/hover on the dummy parent.

Thoughts on that? Can I supply you with screenshots or something to help?

• Hi Jon..
        are u talking about drop down menu at the top of ur site?

47. teamzlabek says:

Just got the hide/hover feature to work with this code:

li ul{display:none}
    li:hover ul{display:block

48. teamzlabek says:

Yes, that was the one. The only “ugh” now is that when I click the parent link, the whole page below it “bounces” down. A little distracting. Not sure if this can be fixed.

Also, is there a way to decrease the distance between the bottom of the main image and the title of each page below? Lot of white space.

• Hi Jon..
      Regarding the space issue between header image and page title… use the following code

#mainImage {
      padding: 20px 0 0;

#content {
      padding: 3px 0 70px 20px;

Regarding the Parent Menu issue..
      not sure how u implemented this..sorry..cant help u for this..

49. teamzlabek says:

Hmmm. It didn’t budge it. I even tried playing around with the values.

To follow up more on the menu things I’ve been kicking around, I’m looking at my old Chateau site on wordpress.com and it is doing exactly what I want as far as showing the child pages in the menu. Is there a way to get the wordpress.com CSS and see what the differences are? I can’t find it. Example:
    http://www.aneternalimpact.com (don’t like) vs.
    http://aneternalimpact.wordpress.com (like)

You are so very helpful!

50. teamzlabek says:

Thanks again! Three things:

1. Additional thoughts on shrinking of space between the page title and the body of the page? The code you suggested yesterday did not work.

2. Original code where the child page titles showed all the time:

/*- Header —————————————————————–*/
    #header {}

/*- Menu -*/
    #menu {float:left; padding:30px 0 50px;}
    #menu li {float:left; margin-right:10px; text-transform:uppercase;}
    #menu a {display:block; font-size:1.125em; font-weight:bold; color:#999; padding:3px 10px 5px; border-top:1px solid #FFF; border-bottom:1px solid #FFF;}
    #menu .current_page_item a,
    #menu .current_page_parent .current_page_item a {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; border-top-color:#DDD; border-bottom-color:#CCC;}

/*- Sub Menu -*/
    #menu li ul {color:#CCC; margin:10px 0 0 10px;}
    #menu li li {float:none; text-transform:none; list-style:inside circle; margin:0 0 5px;}
    #menu li li a {display:inline; padding:0; border:0;}
    #menu li li a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}
    #menu .current_page_item li a,
    #menu .current_page_parent a {color:#990000; font-weight:bold; border-top-color:#DDD; border-bottom-color:#CCC;}
    #menu .current_page_item li a,
    #menu .current_page_parent li a {font-weight:normal !important;}

3. The modifier I added to make the child pages hidden, but when I hover, it pushes the whole page down instead of just dropping it down:

li ul{display:none}
    li:hover ul{display:block

• Hi Jon..

Regarding Page title and Body of contents…here is the modified code

.postEntry {
      padding: 0 40px 20px !important;

Regarding the Menu options..
      sorry..cant help u with this without checking..

51. teamzlabek says:

Thanks, the title works great now.

Would posting the whole css code to you help for the menu?
    I’ll post on the wordpress support page and email the creator of Chateau to see if anyone can help crack the case.

Thanks so much!

52. teamzlabek says:

Not sure if this is what you mean or not. I copied my Chateau: Stylesheet (style.css) found under Edit Themes and pasted them on a page on my site so you could see:

Please let me know if this is what you meant.

• Hi Jon..
      sorry..i thought u will ask the menu related support to the theme developer..thats what i mean to share me (what he answered)…

i am sorry i cant help u for this menu work..

53. teamzlabek says:

I think I have it now! Thanks for hanging in there with me! I’m sure I’ll have more tweaks to come!

54. teamzlabek says:

Is there a way to change the 960 x 260 image to something shorter, say 960 x 100? I tried to play with the code as listed above, but it didn’t change. Do I have to insert a 960 x 100 image before it will work?

• Hi Jon..
      you will need image processing software (photoshop) to do this…. though using css u can do it..but it will hamper the image quality.

• Jon says:

Thanks, I can get that done.

• teamzlabek says:

Om,
        I now have a very nice 960 x 150 image I uploaded, and I pasted this code at the bottom of the css:

#main-image {
        border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
        display: block;
        width: 960px;

But it doesn’t respect the height, so it stretches the image vertically. Can you please help?

• teamzlabek says:

Sorry, to clarify, here is the code I used for my 150 height:
        #main-image {
        border: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
        display: block;
        width: 960px;

• teamzlabek says:

Just figured it out. I changed from 260 to 150 in the functions.php file.
        Thanks!
        Still stuck on making the menu with child pages appear in iPad though – extremely frustrating!

• Goodmorning Jon…
        nice u have solved it…let me know if u have any other issue..
        and..sorry..cant help u for the menu ..

55. teamzlabek says:

Also, is there a way to fix the iPad hover issue on placeholder parent menu items?

56. Hi,
    I was wondering how you got more than 3 items on your navigation menu?
    Jessica

57. teamzlabek says:

How do I change the Web title line and page header fonts? I would like to change both to lucidia calligraphy.

• HI Jon..
      to change the font of Post title u have to use the following code

.page .full-width .postTitle h2 {
      font-family: times New Roman;
      padding-left: 40px;

*** you need to check Lucicidia caliography is a web font or not..otherwise it will not visible to viewers browser

58. teamzlabek says:

Om,
    Now I have code so the tagline doesn’t display:
    #mainTitle a span {

I’d like to display the tagline now, but:
    1. On a new line
    2. Without the leading ~
    3. With a much smaller font size
    4. Possible a new color

Can you help?

59. teamzlabek says:

Thanks! Is there a way to have it:
    1. Not italicized
    2. Possibly bolded
    3. Take out the “~” at the beginning?

Thanks again!

• HI Jon..
      to make the Site Description or Tagline bolded and not Italicized

use the following code

#mainTitle a span {
      font-style: normal;
      Regarding Removing ~ at the begining

** this will need to delete from the theme file directly..cant help u providing css for this..

60. Nynke Valk says:

wonderful advise you give.
    I have my blog in wordpress.com, Chateau.
    Now I went to .org to put my website in Chateau as well, so I bought Chateau for .org, but I don’t find it as good as the one in .com. A disappointment!
    I saw here that other people struggled with the menu as well, to change it into a dropdown menu. And if they hide the childpages, that it bounces back the picture underneath. Did you in the meantime find a solution for this? If you like, you can have a look at my website (in progress). http://www.dehelderespiegel.nl
    Thanks

61. Sarah says:

Hi there – I am trying to make it so that the logo at the top of this website is on the left and the menu/navigation is on the right. Any ideas on how to make this happen?

62. mike gray says:

I am trying to make a change in the css file of your Chateau theme that is free in wordpress. I cannot find where it is??? I’m wanting to change the line height.
    Thanks, Mike

63. Tracey says:

Love this theme! Need some help completely removing the space above the header image. I’ve updated style.css with the following, which removed the search box, and deleted the blog title from the wordpress settings page, but an en dash is still there. We’d like to completely remove everything above the header image. Thanks!

#main-title {
    clear: both;
    float: left;
    font-style: italic;
    margin: -9px 0 0;
    #search {
    float: right;
    margin: 0 0 20px;

• Hi Tracey
      thanks for ur comments and sorry for the late reply ( i was outside of home )

pls check this code and let me know it helps u to remove the toatal header from your Chateau theme

#mainTitle, #menu {

64. Steve says:

Hi Om

I would like to know if its possible to move the post info/post by information and Leave a Comment to the bottom of the post, instead of having it at the top just under the post title.

Thanks

Steve

65. Syed says:

I have an issue with Previous Article Snippets at the bottom of Home page. I have gone through the Theme Option and I can see that by default it should display only two articles in one colum or two colums. But, apparently all my posts are displaying there scatteredly. I don’t mind showing all my posts but it does not maintaining any sequence. Moreover, it had some white spaces in between post snippets and I had to put number 4 (inside number of displayed post) in theme options to fix it on temporary basis. I don’t know where my new posts would apper. Is there any way to fix this and how to show them in date wise? I hope it did not happen after upgrading to latest version of WordPress 3.1. Does this theme support latest 3.1. All other functions seems working fine. Thanking you in advance and appreciate your support.

Syed

66. Hi. I’m using wordpress.com Chateau theme, private still and going public in a few months. Two questions in advance: (1) Is it possible when using the Twitter widget to ensure that all links within the Twitter feed open in a new window so that the visitor isn’t taken permanently away from the site? (2) I do have the CSS design upgrade. Is it possible to use CSS to change the background footer color? Right now it is solid black. Thank you!

• Hi Valeri Asuncion
      You can do the Twitter Link to open a new window for this u have to do modification in the twitter widget
      but…if u are using wordpress.com site..then i think u cant do the changes in php files

Regarding Fooer issue
      without checking i cant say this

67. epistemic555 says:

hi
    thanks for this awesome theme!
    i used it as a template for a journal, http://www.literatura.flf.vu.lt/
    i have a couple of questions, hope you can help me. Tagline looks ok in mozilla and explorer, but in Safari the last word jumps to another line below. I removed the search box but still the tagline does not fit into one line. Is it possible to do something so that it’s ok in Safari?
    Also is it possible to add more information but in smaller font in the tagline? So that it would say:
    Literatūra ~ Research Journal for Literary Scholarship
    Published in English, French, German, Lithuanian, Russian (but all this in a smaller font than the tagline).
    And finally I do not seem to find specifications for h3 size font in the stylesheet. I originally used a different template and whenever I used h3 in the text it was big (like title font). When I changed the theme all text that was h3 became quite small. Is there a place where I could automatically adjust, i.e. enlarge h3 font for all pages? (I am not using posts, I use only pages).
    Thanks a lot for your support!
    Jolanta

• Hi Jolanta
      I have checked ur site safari and it is showing ok in my end
      Regarding ur header font issue to accomodate more text
      ..yes ur issue can be solved
      but for this u will need to do some modification in ur header php file
      after that u can use css to align them properly

• epistemic555 says:

Thanks, Om!
        Good to know something can be done about the header. But this seems a bit too complex for me :) so I’ll try to find someone who can do it.
        Any idea how to make h3 font bigger in the whole webpage?

thanks again
        Jolanta

• Hi Jolanta
        not sure which h3 font u r asking
        but you can check this

h3
        {
        font-size:1.2em !important;

68. Chip says:

Hi- I was just wondering if you knew of a quick way to get either some random text or a widget area to appear just underneath the header? I already managed to move the search bar underneath the header, but would like to have that all the way to the right under the header image, and have some arbitrary text underneath the header (address, phone #, etc.)

The site is http://www.livingstonumc.com

Thanks! This site has been extremely helpful!

69. wkirkland says:

I just moved from Chateau 1.o to 2.2 and it is missing the Older Posts….Newer Posts code.. What is it and where to enter, please. Thanks

• Hi Wkirland
      thanks..just checked ur site and found posts are showing at the bottom portion?

• wkirkland says:

Hi,It’s months later, but I still don’t have what I want. On the first page there are 9 post summaries — good. But below those the “Older Articles” clickable does not exist. Click on any ‘tag’ and then look at the bottom of the page, Both “Older Articles” and “Newer Articles “appear . I would like this (Older only, of course) on the front page and cannot figure out where to put the code, and what it would be. Thanks

thanks..it will need you theme file modifications

70. Hi,
    is there a way to move the date below the post title in Chateau theme? And also move ‘Posted by’ to the bottom of the post?
    Thanks :-)