Few days ago I was trying to add a youtube video in the website of my client, after adding it successfully I found that Navigation menu is going under under the Youtube video. As the Youtube vidoe also necessary at that position but, due to this overlapping the whole design becomes NOT GOOD…

So, i tried to find out the solution about  Youtube’s overlapping problem, I got several results but, I am sharing you the best result / Solution to overcome this problem.

Solution Procedure and Steps

Here is what you have to do……..

1. add  this line     <param name=”wmode” value=”opaque” />
2. add   wmode=”opaque” in the

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EUSufxmwf9Q?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="630" height="458"  wmode="opaque"
></object>

Here is the final Youtube code after editing for Overlapping Problem.

<div id="homepageleft">

<object style="height: 458px; width: 630px">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EUSufxmwf9Q?version=3">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

></object>

13 Responses to YouTube Video Overlap:How to solve OverLapping Problem between Youtube Videos and Navigation Menus.

1. bhengstR says:

Hi!

How do i post YouTube videos if i have a free wordpress.com site?
    i cant see it anywhere how to.
    thanks for the help!

great work u have here! 🙂

2. Fin says:

Thanks, worked perfectly.

3. Fernando says:

Hello,

I have became a frequent user of your site as any question I ask Google, it points here. I am designing a web without knowing very much and I have now a problem…if you check http://www.naogu.es you can see that the slider overlaps the navigation menu (as in this post with the youtube video).

I don’t know much about html editing, I do most of my changes in the style.css and check everything with firebug.

Can you figure out a way to solve the problem? I have tried pasting on the wordpress html editor.

Many thanks in advance!

Fernando

4. Fernando says:

You are the man! It worked perfectly! Thank you very very much!

5. Fernando says:

Hello, it’s me again…I am now trying to change the background color of the home page and this page http://www.naogu.es/store/bisuteria/. The thing is everytime I change to the showcase template for any page or post, the body background gets grey but I want it white.

Do you know how to change it? Or a way to eliminate both sidebars other than selecting the showcase template?

Thank you very much for your help, you are great.

Regards,

Fernando

6. Muntasir Mahmud Aumio says:

Thanks a lot. It was in great help of mine.
    God Bless You.

7. Manu says:

Thanks!! it worked perfect for me 😉

Thks. for sharing!!