19 Responses to Olsen By CSSIgniter: Modifications of header, footer, sidebar, contents, customization and documentations

1. nickypam says:

Hi, do you know how to get 2 columns with this theme? Thanks!

you want to make the homepage posts to show in 2 column?
      and
      while making it 2 column..you want to keep the sidebar?
      let me know

• nickypam says:

Hi,thanks for your quick reply! Yes that’s exactly what i’d like to do.
        2 columns with sidebar on the right..
        Nicky

• Hi Nicky
        sorry for the late response
        i checked your requirements and found it may not look good?

try this code please

.home article {
        float: left;
        margin-right: 5%;

.home .entry-featured img {

.home .entry-title {

let me know what you think

• nickypam says:

Hi, thanks but doesn’t work. You’re right, i may not actually look that good.
        This is the site i like the idea of: https://www.cssigniter.com/demo2/?theme=olsenlight

I would like to add the social media icons to the continue reading line, and make my instagram pictures in the sidebar much bigger..
        Thanks so much for your help, this is all very new to me!
        Nicky

• Hi Nicky
        the social icons matter u mentioned..actually that will need me to check your dashboard ..as Olsen is a premium theme and you are using wordpress.com
        as i don’t have premium plan…without checking from your dashboard can’t help u properly about that…

Regarding the Instagram images
        would you mind to try this code and let me know? (i did it for desktop view only)

@media (min-width: 980px) and (max-width:1222560px) {
        #secondary {
        margin-left: 0% !important;
        .wpcom-instagram-columns-3 img {
        max-width: 30% !important;

• nickypam says:

Wow fantastic! thanks, worked for the instagram pictures! 🙂
        As for my wordpress, i have business not premium. So i will be limited as to what i can do i guess…

• nickypam says:

here is my blog so you can get an idea

• nickypam says:

Sorry, actually your code did work for the 2columns, im having a look at what it would be like!

• Nice to know my code helped you 🙂

• nickypam says:

Hi again, I was wondering if you could help me with something else on my blog?

• HI Nicky
        let me know

• nickypam says:

It is possible to have an instagram footer like the one on this site: https://www.cssigniter.com/demo2/?theme=olsenlight
        Also, i don’t know the css code to center images in the sidebar on the right (liketyou gave me for the instagram sidebar widget), and is it possible to get these thin lines separting the different parts of the page? like on the site i added above?
        Thanks a lot for your help, it is much appreciated! Nicky

• HI Nicky
        would u mind to share me screenshot which sidebar image you are referring please?
        OM

• nickypam says:

i can’t seem to send photos…
        It’s the photo gallery sidebar and the one just underneath of the milestone count down..

is there a CSS to center any sidebar so that i can use it for any sidebar in the future?
        Thanks Nicky

• Hi Nicky
        to center the gallery image try this code

.gallery-row {
        margin-right: 0px !important;
        padding-right: 0px !important;
        margin-left: 10%;
        To center the mile stone
        .milestone-content {
        margin-left: 16% !important;

let me know if that helps

• nickypam says:

Wow amazing, thank u!! and what about the instagram footer at the bottom?
        Thanks, Nicky

• HI Nicky
        Regarding footer instagram issue:
        as i am not using premium plan…so..without checking your dashboard i cant help you properly for that

• nickypam says:

Ok thanks anyway for all your help! Nicky