Theme  Esquire by Matthew Buchanan  CSS

Theme Esquire is a new theme added in the wordpress.com theme gallery by Matthew Buchanan. Here again i have shared some basic modifications of this theme specially for wordpress.com. Also you can use these CSS modifications in wordpress.org.

So enjoy these CSS and if you have any question feel free to ask me…..

Also You may also like to check the followings

1. Solution of Comments are closed or Comments have been closed of WOrdpress.

2.Theme Quintus by Automattic CSS Style sheet modification

3.Theme Chateau by Ignacio Ricci CSS Style sheet Modification.

1. If you want to change the site Title’s font color,font size and font type of Esquire theme

#sidebar h1 a {
color: red;
font-family: times New Roman;
font-size: 0.9em;
text-decoration: none;

2. If you want to change Site Title’s background yellow color and put your own color

#sidebar {
background-color: blue;

3. If you want to add border in the surroundings of Site Title…

#sidebar {
border: 5px solid red;

4. If you don’t want to show Site Title in the left side bar

#sidebar {
display:none;

5. If you want to change Blog Post Title’s font color,size and font family

.entry-title a:link {
font-family: tahoma;
font-size: 1em;
color: red;

6. If you want to change the font color,font size and font family of “Continue Reading” of Blog excerpt

p a.more-link {

margin-top: 0;

9. If you dont want to show post creation date, short URL and comments link

p.permalink {

10. If you dont want to show tags in your site

.tagbar {
clear: left;

11. If you want to change footer widget’s title font color,size and font family..

.postbody h3 {
color: red;
font-size: 1.2em;
12. If you want to change footer widget’s link color

div#widgets li a:link {
color: blue;

13. If you want to change the background of widget title

h3.widget-title {
background: blue;

14. If you don’t want to show datebox in post

.datebox {
15. If you want to change Page title’s font color,size and font family

.entry-title a, .entry-title a:hover, .entry-title a:focus, .entry-title a:active {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
border: medium none;
color: red;
font-family: times New Roman;
font-size: 1.2em;

16. If you want to change Page’s content’s font color, size and font family of Theme Esquire

.postbody p, .postbody li, .postbody dl, .postbody blockquote, .postbody address, .postbody pre {
color: blue;
font-size: 1.6em;
font-weight: normal;
line-height: 1.33;
margin: 0 0 1.32em;

If this CSS Modification seems helpful to you? You can Let me buy a coffee 🙂

Please make some donations

31 Responses to Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan :CSS Style sheet modification of Header,footer,site title,blog content,sidebar and more.

1. Lady Medusa says:

Hey there: I’m not really to familiar with CSS and I’m wanting to change the background colour of the Esquire theme from Yellow to purple. Right now, the background itself is white, but the speech bubble shows up yellow, and the first letter of each post shows up orange. I’d like the speech bubble to be purple and the first letter to be gray. How would I do this?

2. bethanyusher says:

I’m looking to do some tweaks to my WordPress account also using esquire.

It’s http://www.musednews.com

Firstly, I’d like to create another side bar, or put some of my widgits in to the speech bubble.

I’m also interested in playing around with colour. Maybe different colour coding for each page area which would change the headlines.

Finally, at the moment if you use any of the framing for pix or video it removes your headline. Is it possible to change this.

More than happy to donate a few coffees for you guys for the help. 🙂

Bethany

3. Vibol Moeung says:

Great post! I just discovered Esquire theme, I’m not sure if you mentioned it above, but how do you get rid of the colored circle at the start of each blog post.

cheers,

Vibol.

4. teakhound says:

I’m using Esquire and I’d really like to be able to have a “follow us” widget where you enter your email address in the left sidebar. If you could provide any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Cam

5. Elisabeth says:

Hello,

I’d like to add my company logo to the Esquire theme so it’s in the bottom right corner of the main page and scrolls with you as you scroll down the page. Donation is at the ready. Can you provide any help?

6. Hello! I am looking to do some tweaks to my WordPress account also using esquire.

I’d like to create another side bar, or put some of my widgits in to the speech bubble. I´m totally new to CSS… Hope you can help 🙂

My page is http://marivalen.wordpress.com/

– Mari

7. pinkvoguefashion says:

Hi I’m using the Esquire theme and I am interested in adding a right sidebar, which I would also like to move my widgets too please help! My site is pinkvoguefashion.wordpress.com

8. Hi,
    I have purchased hosting and my domain name, but I am still having trouble with the coding. Is it possible that you could e-mail me with some steps or guidelines to do the theme alterations myself please? Thanks a bunch!
    -PinkVogueFashion@gmail.com

9. I am extremely new to all this. Where are all these codes supposed to go in WordPress to see the changes? I am especially interested in removing the short url links.

Thank you!!