Karuna theme wordpress css style modifications and documentation

Karuna theme style changesKaruna is a clean business theme designed with health and wellness-focused sites in mind. With bright, bold colors, prominent featured images, and support for customer testimonials, your business’ brand will shine with Karuna. If you are an Yoga instructor..this theme is for you :). You can check the Karuna theme demo.
You can use my shared code and ask question in the comments section.

Or can take my personal help. Also to secure your wordpress site, you can check Steps and plugins to Secure your wordpress site.

1. If you want to change Karuna theme’s green ribbon’s background color, font family, font color and more use the following code
*** it is actually header widget area from which u can create such green ribbon

.header-widget-area {
color: white;
background-color: darkred;

theme karuna green ribbon modification

2.If you want to change drop down menu background color, font color, font size and more in Karuna theme use the code below

.main-navigation ul ul {
background-color: darkred !important;

Also
** To change the menu font color
.main-navigation a, .main-navigation a:visited {
color: darkred;

.main-navigation a {

color: darkred;
.main-navigation .current_page_item > a, .main-navigation .current-menu-item > a, .main-navigation .current_page_ancestor > a, .main-navigation .current-menu-ancestor > a {
color: darkred;

theme karuna drop down menu modification

If you want to change Footer widget section background color in Karuna Theme use the code below

#colophon, .footer-widgets-wrapper {
background: darkred !important;

theme karuna footer widget background color modification

3.To Change Top header background color in Karuna theme

.sticky-wrapper {
background: darkred;

theme karuna header background color modification

Blog Page Modifications in Karuna theme

theme karuna blog page modification

4. If you want to change blog page title’s font color, size and font family

.blog .entry-title a {
text-decoration: none;

5. ALso if you want to change blog page title’s Hover font color in Karuna theme

.blog .entry-title a:hover {

6. In Blog page if you want to reduce gap between posts and put border as separator between posts

.blog .hentry {
margin: 0 0 3.2em;
margin-bottom: 20px !important;
border-bottom: 2px solid darkred !important;

7. In blog page and single post page of Karuna theme if u don’t want to show Tags at the bottom of posts
*** it is applicable for single post page too

.entry-footer {

8. In blog page if you don’t want to show Post date and category (meta )

9. If you want to remove sidebar from blog page

.blog #secondary {
display:none !important;

.blog .content-area {
float: none !important;
margin: auto !important;
.blog #primary #main {
margin: auto !important;
.blog .post-thumbnail img {
margin-left: auto !important;
margin-right: auto !important;
float: none !important;
display: block !important;
karuna theme blog page sidebar remove

Question 10: How  to replace  “Powered by WordPress” and theme Developer info in footer credit section with my own company info in Karuna THeme.

Answer:

1. At first go to  Appearance > Editor  section

2.  Now  in the right side you will see many file names… click on footer.php    (Please check the image attached)

Theme Karuna Copy right add

Question 11: How to disable comments in posts, pages or from other post types in Karuna  theme by Automattic.

Answer: Use Disable Comments plugins  … this will help to remove comments form and comments not to show in pages, posts etc.

Pay me some, I will help you for CSS Issue Personally CLICK HERE….

154 Responses to Karuna theme wordpress css style modifications and documentation

1. Natalie on the rocks says:

Thanks for this! How do you remove the footer credit using CSS? I’m at campbellcomms.ca. Thanks!

• Hi Natalie
      please try this

.site-info {

let me know if it works

• Natalie on the rocks says:

That seems to have worked fine for the inner pages, but the static front page is now buggy when you scroll to the bottom. The screen starts flickering or something weird. This happens on both Chrome and Firefox, but not IE. Is this a sizing issue?

Thanks again for your help!!!

• HI Natalie
        it seems theme issue is related to the image
        can u try to use smaller in height image?

2. Joan Mesquida says:

How do you set your facebook and twitter icon at the top header?

3. shan says:

Hi

i want to have different header images for different pages. When I try to change the header image of a particular page(e.g contact us) then it is not reflecting even after saving it. pl advice

4. robertwilliamson says:

Hello Om,

Do you know how to disabled the Logo resize on scrolling? At the moment my logo changes when I scroll, but i would like it to always stay the same size.

Thanks 🙂

5. Can you tell me what code to put in the CSS so that the body font on the homepage is the same size as the other pages (ok to leave header as is).

6. Good afternoon, I did you customised help and I need a last one.
    I want to change the purple color in the Headband.
    Do you have the CCS code as I can change it ?

Here my website

Thanks before

• HI
      would u mind to clarify what you are referring as “purple color in the Headband” ?
      sorry didnt understand it

• I did it

.top-bar {
        color: white;
        background-color: #6636cc;
        padding: 0.8em 0;
        font-size: 0.875rem;
        content: “”;
        display: table;
        table-layout: fixed;

• Hello, I did it and change directly in the CCS.

I steel have 2 big problems:

1 ° the footer «Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Karuna by Automattic. ”
        I can not find a way to remove it, to replace it with the one of my choice.

2° the images I want to insert into my page are small.
        It does not want to put full width of my content
        If you could help me, I would hold you tight for grateful and indebted

Thanks before

Liked by 1 person

• HI
        did the previous code i shared worked?

7. Change background-color: #6636cc;

8. Hi, how can I change the thin purple header across the very top of the page?

9. Hi there… As I said the theme is not live as yet. But you if you go here https://wordpress.com/themes/karuna/ you will see the thin purple line along the top edge of the theme, with the social icons and phone no. in it? That is what I wish to change the colour of.
    Leanne

Liked by 1 person

10. First of all thank you SO much for sharing this information! It has been a huge help to me. With color customization, I am stuck with one problem: Since this theme is responsive, the menu becomes a button with dropdown options when in tablet/smartphone mode and the color goes back to the Karuna default colors of purple (and then turns green when you tap the button). Is it possible to write CSS code to change the menu button color in tablet/smartphone mode? Thank you sincerely!

Liked by 1 person

11. matt says:

how do i remove the top purple bar

Liked by 1 person

12. Faye Bryan says:

I am using Karuna theme.

I’ve installed the Download Manager Plugin.

I know how to remove the sidebar from my regular pages but I can’t figure out how to remove it from the download page – this is the page my customer is directed to once he has paid for my item. The download link is there for him to get his product.

It isn’t technically considered a ‘page’ as it’s a download.

My website is http://www.yolk-marketing.co.uk

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Faye

13. Hi, it removes everything from the side which is great but not the details under the download box. Is there additional code for that?

14. bri2222222 says:

Hi there,

Can you tell me how I can make my site title smaller?

Thank you!

15. tullis71 says:

Hi
    Great theme!
    What CSS can I use to change the color on links (that are now purple when not visited and green when visited) to blue and grey instead?

Liked by 1 person

16. tullis71 says:

Hi again
    That actually changed to much. A friend of mine looked at the source code and found this, and it did the trick
    a {
    color: #709fe0;
    text-decoration: none;
    transition: 0.3s;
    a:visited {
    color: #5e5e5f;
    a:hover, a:focus, a:active {
    a:focus {
    outline: thin dotted;
    a:hover, a:active {
    outline: 0;

Now I only have two problems.
    1 When changing the sites size to quite small – or looking in a smartphone, and the menu from the right side of the top bar changes to a MENU-button, it turns lilac / green (standard karuna colors). How do I set my colors on this button?
    2 The dropdown lists, when pushing the MENU-button which on my site are dark blue with white text in normal screen size turns dark blue in smart phone mode, so no text is visible. How can I change this?

Thank you so much in advance!!

• HI Tullis

*** mobile menu border color of kearuna theme ****
      button.menu-toggle {
      border-color: darkred !important;
      color: darkred !important;

**** mobile menu hover color *****
      button.menu-toggle:hover {
      border-color: darkred !important;
      color: darkred !important;

For your issue 2

@media (min-width: 240px) and (max-width:640px) {
      .main-navigation a, .main-navigation a:visited {

would u mind to try this and let me know please?

• tullis71 says:

This worked fine. I have now just discovered another issue on the smartphone size.
        If you look att http://www.upplandsschottisen.se on the computer, you see the menu on the right – Dansa schottis – Inför – Efter
        These words are darkblue as I want them to be – in the web interface.
        However on the smartphone interface they apparently are white, so they are “hidden”
        Dansa schottis are just below the MENU button on the smartphone, but not visible.
        How can I change this color?

• HI Tullis
        sorry for the late response
        try this code
        @media (max-width: 640px) and (min-width: 240px){
        .main-navigation a, .main-navigation a:visited {
        color: #0b3d92 !important;
        }}

Liked by 1 person

• tullis71 says:

I still have one issue on the smartphone. I have iPhone 6. On the screen, when the phone is standing, it looks ok. But if I slip the phone to horizontal position, the words (tävlingsinfo, anmälan, program and resultat, galleri, historik) in the dropdown menus disapear.

I was also thinking, maybe to have the dropdown lists not blue, but white with only a blue frame. So the words are better visible. I can not make the text white since it is the same code for the above menues (dansa schottis, inför, efter) which are on white background.
        Is it possible?

• HI Tullis
        can u share me screenshot how it is looking in ur end in horiontal view please?

OM

• tullis71 says:

How can I upload a screenschot? Or should I send it by e-mail? If so, to which address?

• Hi Tullis
        upload it to ur wordpress media library and share me the link here?

• tullis71 says:

Here they come. Both screenshots from my iPhone.

• sorry for the late Tullis
        i am checking

• Tullis
        please try this
        @media (min-width: 240px) and (max-width:980px) {
        .main-navigation a, .main-navigation a:visited {
        color: black !important;
        }}

Liked by 1 person

17. Sarah says:

I have the FaceBook widget on my sidebar, but the title of the sidebar is still Karuna purple. How can I change that?

Thank you!

18. architsharma says:

I am quite new in changing themes. Can you please help by informing which place shall I go to add this code. For e.g. if I need to change the color of Full-Width Header, where shall I go and paste your text as am unable to see any location for this while customizing widgets.

19. BobbyD says:

Very helpful.. When I view the site on mobile the menu button outline is purple and when selected and open to few the drop down menu it is green outlined, I can’t find a code to change the purple or the green. Any help?

• HI Bobby
      would you mind to share me the site url you are working on?

• Hi Bobby

Regarding purple color

@media (min-width: 240px) and (max-width: 560px) {
        button, input[type=”button”], input[type=”reset”], input[type=”submit”], .button {
        border-color: #6636cc;
        color: #6636cc;

Regarding Green color

@media (min-width: 240px) and (max-width: 560px) {
        button:hover, input[type=”button”]:hover, input[type=”reset”]:hover, input[type=”submit”]:hover, .button:hover {
        border-color: #85cc36;
        box-shadow: none;
        color: #85cc36;
        }}

Please change the Color Hex code using your one

• BobbyD says:

Hey this worked however now on mobile view when I click the menu and the drop-down appears it’s blue and I don’t see a specific spot for that. Just the menu button

• Hi Bobby
        please try this
        @media (min-width: 240px) and (max-width: 560px) {
        .main-navigation ul ul {
        background-color: green !important;
        .main-navigation a, .main-navigation a:visited {

20. BobbyD says:

My website is still working on other computers and incognito, but when i got to visit site from wordpress in my dashboard it suddenly comes up as this..

Warning: require_once(/home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/jetpack.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/php70/lib/php’) in /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/jetpack.php on line 71

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_user_logged_in() in /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/endurance-page-cache.php:235 Stack trace: #0 /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/endurance-page-cache.php(272): Endurance_Page_Cache->is_cachable() #1 /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Endurance_Page_Cache->finish(”) #2 /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-includes/load.php(677): do_action(‘shutdown’) #5 [internal function]: shutdown_action_hook() #6 {main} thrown in /home1/firstpl8/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/endurance-page-cache.php on line 235

21. Faye Bryan says:

Hi, Something weird is going on with my website http://www.yolk-marketing.co.uk

I set it up so all posts are on the blog page only. Everything was perfect. I have just returned from holiday and something strange has happened.

When I view my website on a desktop (without being logged in) the home page appears fine. When I view it on a mobile however the home page is my blog page and it appears different. It is only when I click on view full site that I see what the mobile version should look like on my mobile.

When I view my website on the desktop whilst logged in (the customised function) the blog posts all appear on my home page even though the static front page settings are set to just appear on the blog page.

What has happened, is this something you can advise on please?

Faye

22. BobbyD says:

Suddenly my social media icons on the main page are gone and when I go on to add them again.. it makes my menu go away.. how did I have both before?

23. jesscoll says:

Thank you for such great info — it’s really helped me customize my website!

A question — is it possible to remove the header image on all pages except the main page? I want the header image on the index.html, but for all other pages, I do not want it to appear.

24. Kaat says:

Thanks everyone, I was so bummed my page was totally different when I changed it to a .nl webpage.. I still have 2 issues on the website. Hope someone can help me out! Website: http://kaatkeepsgoing.nl/ Sorry it’s in Dutch 🙂

1. the sidebar widget for people to subscribe: the ‘follow us’ (in this case ‘volg ons’) still appears in purple. How can I change this to black??

2. In the full width footer, the titles (like category ‘categorie’) appears in another letter style compared to the ones in the sidebar and the letter style at the top of the page. How can I change this?? It appears right in my free blog kaatkeepsgoing.wordpress.com

• HI Kaat
      Regarding issue 1 try this code

border-color: black;
      color: black;

REgarding issue2
      is the issue in your .nl site footer title?

let me know
      OM

• Karin says:

Hi!
        Thanks! I tried the code, but it still remains pink 😦 Sorry

And regarding issue 2: yes the problem is in the .nl site footer title. It is a totally different letter style compared to other titles on the page.. Also small letters instead of capital letter.

• Hi Karin
        where you put my shared code?
        let me know please

• Karin says:

I added the code in customizer, CSS. Where I put all the other codes mentioned here. They all worked.

• Hi Karin
        ok..would u mind to try this

border-color: black !important;
        color: black !important;

let me know if it work?

• Karin says:

Hi thanks for the code. I noticed that your last code worked for the mobile website. Unfortunately not for the desktop. But that is fine! Thank you for your help, you are awesome!

• Hi Karin
        as it is working for mobile..it should work for desktop too

OM

25. srikripa says:

hi om im using the karuna theme and its very streched on mobile and Ipad i have to scroll through right and top to bottom, what can be done to fix this. the website is http://www.stresslessbuddy.com. i se that u give codes as responses where do you want these codes to be put in

26. srikripa says:

Great That works thanks Om! you are wonderfull

27. egozalor says:

Hey! I am building my first page, teatrozereia.es

I am using the karuma theme, but when I subtituted all #85cc36 colors (links with mouse over them) with my intended color in CSS, this did not change, as you can check in the page. I have scanned the rest of the css in the style page looking for other codes I could have missed, but there is nothing left to change. What should I try?

28. Hi! Thanks for the great advice regarding modifying the Karuna theme.

I am currently building site mosainteriors.wordpress.com and would like the content area to be the same width as the header and footer. Now it’s wider if I choose “full-width page” and narrower if I choose “default template”. Can I adjust it somehow so that either the header, footer and widgets are as wide as the full-width option or the full-width option is as narrow as the rest?

thanks..sorry for the late response..
      seems you have selected to centralize the text?
      and try this code….
      article {
      padding-left: 10px !important;
      padding-right: 10px !important;
      let me know

29. Further to the last, your help also regarding the following issues would be super appreciated!

– How can I change the hover color for the buttons (menu, “more posts”) etc?
    – How can I change the texts on the front page blog area? 1. it now has a title (latest posts) – I would like to remove this title altogether 2. There’s a button at the end saying “more posts” I would like to change this text into Finnish (“lue lisää”)
    – Can I adjust the image galleries so that on mobile view there would be eg. only 1 image in a row where in the desktop view there are 3?
    – Can I change the background color and font sizes of the sidebar widget area?
    – Can I adjust the width of the primary menu? Now it’s too narrow so that I had to use a small font size to make the menu fit onto one row.
    – Is it possible to remove the page titles from being visible on the pages?
    – Is it possible to remove the banner at the very end of the pages which says “Automattic”?

Thank you in advance if you have the time to answer me.

• How can I change the hover color for the buttons (menu, “more posts”)
      try this
      /***** Menu hover color *******/
      .menu-primary-container a:hover {
      color: red !important;
      /***** More POst *****/
      .more-recent-posts.button:hover {
      border-color: darkred !important;
      color: red !important;

Regarding Your 2nd Issue
      *** I am not seeing any title named “Latest Post” ?
      *** as you are using wordpress.com free hosted site..you cant change the More Post button (it is my guess)..but you can try one thing..change ur blog dashboard language..i hope that may work?

Widget section change
      ***widget title font size

.widget-title, .wf-active .widget-title a {
      font-style: normal;
      font-weight: 400;
      **whole sidebar background color change

#secondary {
      background: green;
      or
      Individual widget section background color change

#secondary .widget {
      background: red;

/*** Removing page titles ***/
      .page .entry-header {

To remove Automattic

.site-info {

*** please let me know these helps u or not..and let me know if anything remains

• Thanks a lot! This worked! Only thing I couldn’t solve was modifying the buttons (hover) and text for blog area. I changed the language for blog dashboard (I think so) but it didn’t help. I’ll try to get some help from WordPress.

Still if you have any idea about whether I can modify the image galleries on the footer widget so that there would be 1 image in a row on mobile while there are 3 on desktop, please let me know!

The title I was referring to on the front page blog area is “Viimeisimmät artikkelit” (latest posts in English). I would really like to get rid of this but don’t know how..

Kind regards
        Sini

• Hi Sini
        ** Text for blog are —> please share me the blog page url
        ** buttons (hover) —> which button you are referring? can u share me screenshot please?

i already shared you these 2 code

display: block;
        max-width: 93%;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
        }}

please let me know if it works

30. Yet another question, is there any idea how I could decrease the space between the content area and footer widget?

Liked by 1 person

31. michel says:

Hi ,
    I cannot find the way to change the size of the font in menu , the number of boxes , their size , their position ( not the drop down menu ) can you give me some advices ?
    Thanks , Michel

• Hi Michel
      which boxes you are referring? you mean number of menu items to show?

To change the font size of menu

.main-navigation a, .main-navigation a:visited {

let me know if it helps

• michel says:

Hi Om ,

Thanks for your quick reply , your advice it’s working , but this is also driving the font size of the drop down menu , I need to manage differently their font size .

Yes I was meanning the number of items menu boxes 8 if needed and driving their poisitions also

B.R

Michel

• Hi Michel
        sorry for the late response
        To change only parent menu items font size..try this code

#top-menu > li > a {

also try this code

.main-navigation {

32. michel says:

Hi Om ,

Thanks , It’s working fine

B.R

Michel

33. michel says:

FB like done !

Many thanks again

B.R

Michel

34. Julie says:

Hello! just wondering if you would be able to help with changing the colours of the links for the archive / categories list on the sidebar for posts?

See here: http://www.inspiredlivingmedical.com/blog/blog-archive/

As well, I was wondering how to change the colours of the ‘submit’ buttons for forms, we use one for sending emails on our contact page:

See here: http://www.inspiredlivingmedical.com/contact-info/

And lastly, I used your css code to change hyperlink colours, but it has now transferred over to the white part of the share buttons on our pages if you can see it is now lime green just like text links are. Is there away to avoid that?

Thanks so much!

• Hi Julie
      sorry for the late

To change the sidebar widget link color

#secondary .widget a {
      color: darkred;

To change the submit button color try this code

.contact-submit input {
      border-color: darkred;
      color: black;
      please let me know if it works

35. villagedoulas says:

Hi, how do I change the font size for the widgets in my footer?

• villagedoulas says:

To further my post – the font sizes are all too big, i would like the Social – Facebook widget to fit in the same line as the contact and page widgets

• Thanks
        the facebook widget you placed below the Hours and Info widget

to make the facebook widget to be inline with the HOurs and Info widget..try this

.widget_wpcom_social_media_icons_widget ul {
        display: block !important;

.widget_wpcom_social_media_icons_widget li a {

let me know if it helps

• villagedoulas says:

Thank you, that worked!

• HI
      thanks..sorry for the late response
      please check this code

.footer-widgets-wrapper .widget {
      let me know if it helps

36. Hi! Thank you so much for the wonderful info regarding the Karuna theme! I have two questions – I am attempting to reduce the padding of my site logo (which appears in the same bar as the navigation menu). I would like it to be to the absolute left of the navigation bar and would also like to reduce the overall width of the navigation bar by decreasing the padding on the bottom and top of the logo.

My second question is about the bar that would normally appear right below the header image slider. How would I go about changing the color of this bar? It is currently white and I would like to make it burgundy. Thanks!

• HI Justin
      to reduce the padding from the top and bottom of logo try this

.site-branding {
      padding-top: 2px;
      padding-bottom: 2px;
      Regarding 2nd issue
      ** are you talking about the background where the word “Home” is written below top header image?

let me know
      OM

37. This is seriously the most helpful post I have ever seen. You rock!

38. Jeroen says:

Hi Justin,

Hope you can help me out. I have been trying to add sidebar widgets to the static frontage of this theme, but sonar I have been unsuccessful.

Do you have an idea on how I could accomplish sidebar widgets on the static frontpage of Karuna?

Thanks in advance,